- We offer medical ear piercing to our current patients in the Johns Creek and Century Center locations for children and babies over 3 months of age. We do not offer this service to patients who do not use our providers for their medical home. Please call our office to make an appointment
- We use the brand Medistuds for our earrings, which are sterile, ear piercing gold studs designed specifically to pierce ears. The studs and the clasps are manufactured with the highest grade surgical stainless steel and plated with pure 24K gold, which is recommended because of its purity.
- The fee for this service is $75.
Ear Piercing Aftercare Instructions
- Cleanse front and back of ear(s) at least twice a day with a cotton ball or tissue saturated in 70% isopropyl alcohol WITHOUT REMOVING EARRINGS. Then slide the ear piercing studs forward and backward two or three times daily.
- Keep hair, hairspray, soap, shampoo and other hair preparations away from the ear. After shampooing, the ear(s) should be thoroughly rinsed with alcohol.
- The training stud should not be removed for six to ten weeks. After six to ten weeks, the training stud can be removed and other post-type earrings may be worn. However, some type of post earrings should be worn at all times for the first 6 months. The post should be 14K gold or 24K gold plated stainless steel. CAUTION – Sensitivity to metal could develop after your ears are pierced. No wire style earrings should be worn for at least 4 months after the ears have been pierced.
- SHOULD EXCESSIVE REDNESS, IRRITATION, SWELLING, ITCHING, OR SORENESS OCCUR at any time during the first six to ten weeks, DO NOT REMOVE THE EAR PIERCING EARRINGS, DISCONTINUE THE USE OF THE ALCOHOL WIPES AND CONSULT PHYSICIAN IMMEDIATELY.