James S. Cox, M.D., FAAP
Natively from: South Bend, Indiana
Undergraduate: Davidson College, Davidson North Carolina
Medical School: Wake Forest University
Pediatric Residency: Wake Forest University
Chief Resident in Pediatrics at Wake Forest University
Board Certified in Pediatrics 1991
Board Recertified in Pediatrics 1998
Joined C.M.G. in 1991
Dr. Jim Cox was born in Indiana but moved to NC for High School. He attended college and medical school in NC. Dr. Cox married Payge Pinson in 1988 and they have 3 children Casey, Ali, and Wade. All 3 are college graduates. Casey graduated from Berry College, Ali from Johns Hopkins University, and Wade from University of Georgia.
Practicing pediatrics is very rewarding for Dr. Cox. He enjoys the interactions with the patients and families. Watching the family grow and thrive together and seeing his patients become healthy young adults is the most fun and rewarding part of his pediatric practice. Medicine constantly changes and Dr. Cox enjoys keeping up to date with all of the new information through journals and conferences.
Dr. Cox enjoys traveling with his wife to see their 3 children and other exciting places. He enjoys fishing on the Chattahoochee, playing golf, and tennis.
- 1980 Graduated High School in Denver NC
- 1980-1984 Davidson College, Davidson NC- Graduated with a B.S. in Premedicine
- 1984-1988 Bowman Gray Medical School of Wake Forest University graduating with an M.D. degree.
- 1988-1991 Pediatrics Resident Training Program Wake Forest University
- 1990-1991 Served as Chief Resident of Pediatrics Training Program Wake Forest University
- 1991- Board Certified Pediatrics, FAAP
- 1998-Board Recertified Pediatrics, FAAP
- 2005- Board Recertified Pediatrics, FAAP